Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy (Almost) New Year!

Well, since I failed at my December blog challenge to myself I am making a resolution to blog more than last year.  Often, I have things to say I just don't remember to sign in and blog!  But a lot of changes are coming for Brian and me in 2011 and I would love to be able to share them with everyone.

I started this blog in hopes that my situation over the past 3 years might help someone else who was going through something similar or just any difficult situation in general.  Sometimes I am very blunt, but I have always thought of my blog as a way to share my feelings and say what is on my heart.  I am not perfect.  Sometimes I get hurt, upset, angry...but don't we all at times?  We are, after all, only flawed humans.

Lately I have felt like I needed to share my struggle with depression a few years back.  It is something that was very difficult for me and something that I don't generally like talking about.  But I really feel that there are more people than I know out there who has struggled with depression at one time or another.  Whether it be themselves or someone they care about.  Life can be hard.  But thank the Lord we have each other to lean on and others experiences to help us along.

You can read about some of my journey here and also here. 

I still have days when I tend to want to be negative and depressed.  But I really do feel like with God and my family, I have defeated the demon of depression that haunted me so much not too long ago.  Whenever I feel myself headed in that direction, I thank God for all of the things he has blessed me with and all my problems seem to fade away in comparison to all that I have.

Best wishes for the best new year possible.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio