Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a wonderful time celebrating Easter this year.  Just couldn't seem to get enough of LifeChurchMWC- we were up there for 3 services- and had a great time with our families.  Brian had his second soccer practice and it was rainy and yucky.  I didn't realize it was so gross and wet outside and so decided to get ready for church BEFORE the soccer game.  And I wore flip flops to walk across the soccer field.  Can you say stupid?  My pants were wet at the bottom, I slung mud and grass all over them, my hair looked like I had stuck my finger in a light socket (frizz alert!).  I had wasted my time.  Not to mention when I walked back across the field to check Brian in, I nearly skated down the hill my shoes were so slippery.  Sometimes I am amazed that God would give me total responsibility for TWO children.  Anyway, all that aside it was a good practice.  Brian got to run and dribble the ball quite a long way and is really good at that.  He just kept forgetting he isn't supposed to touch the ball with his hands and wanted to pick it up a few times and set it directly in front of the goal before he kicked it.  By the end of the hour though he was doing better about remembering.

Church was sooooo good I can't even begin to say enough.  From the music to the message, it was one of the best I have ever been a part of on such a special holiday.  The good news is that anyone can watch it from home at Lifechurch.tv and clicking on "Current Series" (it is part 3, by the way).  Even if you attend a different church, trust me, you should watch.  The thing that stood out to me the most was one statement in the message which centered around the often-asked question "Why do bad things happen to good people?"  How many times have we all heard this question asked throughout our lives?  And what was said next summed up the answer-  " Why do bad things happen to good people? Something bad only happened to someone good once and He volunteered for it."  NOT ONE OF US ARE GOOD.  Only GOD is good.  And because of His goodness in sending His son, we have hope!  I love that and will never forget those words.

On Sunday, we went to church to serve in LifeKids and love on our "babies".  We had a lot of visiting babies because of Easter and there were wails coming out of that room like never before.  At times, it was utter devastation in the place. But Wes and I still love doing that, even when it wears us out.  Serving is not something we feel obligated to do but something we feel honored to get to do.  Although I am not sure how useful I am going to be from here on out.  Bending over and picking up babies is quite the Olympic feat for me nowadays.

After church we went to my mom's house to eat Easter lunch with her and my step-dad, Wes' parents, and his big sister and her family.  It was low key and fun.  Lots of sweets were eaten (by me) and lots of complaining was done afterwards (by me).  Brian had a blast hunting eggs with his pants rolled up like Huckleberry Finn because of the wet and muddy grass.






   
I hope everyone who reads my silly blog had a great Easter too.  Even if no other soul ever read my blog again, I would still write it because it is so important to me that I have a place to get out there what God teaches me.  Sometimes I write about what I'm going through- ups and downs and in between.  Sometimes just silly stories.  But I love being able to look back at my life over the past few years and just reliving what God has done/is doing in my life.  Sometimes it is easy to forget, especially if you are going through a trial.  But how special is having a constant remind to look at to show just how good and full of grace He is to me.

I am going to end by sharing my most favorite picture from Easter this year.  Another little reminder of what God has done for me.


0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio