Monday, November 22, 2010

Love is All You Need- Part 1

I have noticed that a lot of the blogs I read and a lot of the people I am friends with on Facebook have been writing about what they are thankful for in honor of Thanksgiving this month.  I decided to be a follower and do the same.  But just about the loves in my life.  So I am thankful for my mom and dad today every single day.


Some reasons why I love my mom so much:
  • I used to never be able to fall asleep when I was little without holding her hand.  
  • She has the most sensitive heart of anyone I know.
  • She is one of the funniest people in the world.  
  • We always have the best time together.
  • I can talk to her about ANYTHING.  
  • She has never judged me -or anyone else- about the things I have done.  She has always supported me on everything.
  • She has always made me feel like the most beautiful person ever since I was a little girl.
  • She has taught me how to be a good mother to my son.
  • Everyday she sacrifices all her time to take care of my boy while I am at work.  And to me, that means never having to worry one bit.
  • She has always gone above and beyond to help me out.  Especially the past 3 years.
  • She always tells me she's proud of me.  But she will never know just how proud I am of her, too.
  • I have always felt so special because of her. 
  • She used to surprise me every Valentine's day morning by putting a box of my favorite candy, a card, and usually something cute to wear in my bathroom so I could see it when I went to get ready the next morning.  And she did this all the way up to my last Valentine's day at home.  And now she still does it at my house :)
  • She is THE most SELFLESS person I have ever known.  She will give anything she can and do anything she can do to help another person out.
  • She is beautiful inside and out.
  • She makes the best broccoli and cheese casserole in the world.  And lots of other things that make me gain weight.
  • She encourages me EVERY SINGLE DAY. 
  • She is the strongest woman I know.  She is a fighter; especially for the people she loves.
I could keep going and going....there would never be enough blog space for how much I love that woman.


But I can't forget the reasons why I love my dad so much:

  • As a child, he convinced me that he was one of the original Solid Gold Dancers.  If you were around in the 80's, then you totally know who they were.  And he did such a good job of convincing me that I went to school and bragged to everyone about my "famous" dad.  Needless to say, I got made fun of and realized I had been deceived.
  • He used to make me face my fears unintentionally.  Like when he would push me down the grocery store aisles backwards in the cart and I didn't know where I was going to end up.  Or when we would be swimming at the beach and he would go under with a wave and stay there for what seemed to be like 30 minutes to me while I floated helplessly in an intertube.  Then pop up laughing only after I had nearly reached the point of tears.
  • He is a man that has never been ashamed to show his love for his daughter.
  • How he sings along to almost every song on the radio even though I have NEVER heard him sing any correct lyrics EVER.  He makes up his own, but usually knows the last word of every line if they rhyme.
  • He is the hardest worker I know.
  • He always provided for his family, no matter what the cost.
  • He taught me how to love "The Sound of Music" and he sings a mean "Edelweiss"
  • He has the most contagious laugh and is so funny.
  • He is always upbeat and in a positive mood.
  • He rarely thinks about himself.
  • The best head-rubber-while-you-are-falling-asleep on the planet.

I could not have been blessed more than I have with the two best parents God has ever made. 

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio