Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some of my favorite quotes

I used to collect quotes in a journal as a teenager. There is something comforting about reading another person's words that express something that you can't seem to. I still look for quotes that are meaningful to my life. Here are a few that have meant a lot to me lately that I wanted to share:

"God is closest to those with broken hearts."

"Let your tears come. Let them water your soul." ~Eileen Mayhew

"God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces." ~Author Unknown

"You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.' ~Jan Glidewell

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." ~M. Kathleen Casey

"There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with." ~Harry Crews

"Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll." ~Author Unknown

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio